Tuesday 17 March 2009

JUDGEMENT DAY

Monday 09.03.09 JUDGEMENT DAY

L:

First thing Monday morning and all we could think about was 'has the manufacturer done our samples?' hmmm well there was only one way to find out. I called the factory at 9:45am said hello and introduced myself and before I could even ask he said, 'YES, the samples are done, you can come and collect them now.' AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I couldn't scream, I couldn't jump around but my head was spinning because all I could think about was what we are destined to do next. I am excited, more than excited, I am ecstatic. These samples are our tools to get the stockists we need!!!! I called J ASAP and told her the news.


J:

When L called me to tell me the FAN-TA-BULOUS news, my reaction was quite mellow, I was happy, really I was, but I just couldn't get excited until I was there and had the samples in my hands. Getting to the factory was not easy, trains were delayed and there was a bit of traffic, so I started getting quite anxious and worried, doubting if things would be ok when I got there....but they were fantastic, fabulous, FAN-TA-BULOUS!!!! I know it might sound quite silly but I became quite emotional, I almost shed a tear, and I'm not the emotional type. What truly made everything even better was the price, especially after the quotes other manufacturers gave us during our 'london town road trip'!!!!!


So we celebrate, we haven't been out for a while, so we go to 'I LUV LIVE' a live music gig in Cargo, Shoreditch. The line up was serious; Charlie Brown, Averlee, Ghetts, MPHO and last but not least SWAY. The night was great, all the acts were good. Ghetts had energy, MPHO had originality and SWAY was very smooth and real. He performed a song call 'happy new year' which was inspiring and also performed his song 'pray for kaya', which I must admit made me shed a tear. It made me think, what would I do if I couldn't save my J? - I don't even want to think about it. The night was not only for enjoyment but for business as we made contacts with some artists' managers.


Now the real story of JeweL begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment